Winterhaven School 5th Grade Student Web Page (2.5)
Classroom topics for week beginning December 14, 2009 ( 二〇〇九年 十二月 十四日）
Math: Using percents to compare, finding a general strategy, and moving between fractions, decimals and percentages.
Humanities: Finish Positive Change Group Projects by Thursday and present on Friday.
Science: Ohm’s Law of Electrical Resistance. We will be making working models of fuses and light bulbs
Japanese: Lesson 13 Hiragana, Lessons 1-2 Conversation
Math: pages 61-67, 2-10 required, 24-35 extra credit, due Tuesday
pages 61-67, 11-14 required, 36-37 extra credit, due Thursday
Japanese: Lesson 13, study for Friday’s test
Systems Thinking: Positive Change Project work, group projects are to be completed by Thursday and will be presented on Friday.
Systems Thinking Projects: The six steps
- tell the story (Mind Mapping)
- name the elements (What is changing within the system?)
- sketch behaviors over time (BOTG’s)
- make the system visible (Connection Circle)
- look for leverage (Causal Loops)
- share & test (Tinker, Successive Approximation)