1.5 October 4-7
8- NO SCHOOL Statewide Inservice
13- Two Hour Late Opening
28- Open Mic Grades 5-8; 3:15-5:00 p.m.
2- Field Trip: OMSI- Cow eye dissection lab, OMNIMAX: Hurricane on the Bayou (Drivers wanted!)
5- No School: Teacher planning day
11- No School: Veterans’ Day
24-26- No School Thanksgiving Holiday
Picture of the week: Geologic Clock
This week in….
- Introduction to permaculture practices and principles
- Omnivore’s Dilemma- Part III The Local Sustainable Meal
- The Trees that Would Not Grow- A story of symbiosis and interdependence
- Socratic Seminar: TBA
Fractions Between Fractions- Students explore the property of fractions that between every two fractions there is another fraction.
Naming Fractions Greater Than 1- Students consider fractions greater than one by labeling ten-mile stretches of highway between whole number highway mile markers that different group sponsors agree to keep clean.
Review of あかさたなは columns
Introduction of まやcolumns
practice singing and reading うえおむいてあるこう
- revision and publishing
- writing for a reason, opportunities to publish on our classroom e-news
- we will begin presenting our stories next week