1.8 October 25-29
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
– Buckminster Fuller
- Attention OMSI drivers!. All drivers need an updated criminal background check every three years and a driver qualification form updated yearly on file in the office in order to be eligible to drive. Please call Patty in the office if you are not sure about your paperwork. Thank you for volunteering your time.
- e-mail to schedule a conference time, November 22-23, 8:00 a.m- 8:00 p.m.. Give me a couple times and I will try to accommodate. Times currently available: Monday 2:30-2:50, 3:00-3:20, 4:30-4:50, 6:00-6:20 & 7:30-7:50; Tuesday is wide open 8:30-10:20 time slots, 12:30-4:50 time slots, and 6:00-6:20
- Stay informed! Scroll down and subscribe to our web site.
- Science Fair Timeline and Information Site
28- Open Mic Grades 5-8; 3:15-5:00 p.m.
2- Field Trip: OMSI- Cow eye dissection lab, OMNIMAX: Hurricane on the Bayou
5- No School: Teacher planning day
11- No School: Veterans’ Day
24-26- No School Thanksgiving Holiday
9- Middle School Science Fair, grades 5-8
Science Fair Timeline and Information Site
Cheyenne Medicine Wheel
This week in …
Native Americans part 2– Encounters with European Explorers
Cultural Artifacts and their meaning, The Medicine Wheel and The Personal Shield
Socratic Seminar– A Test of Strength: A Tale from the Fan Tribe of Africa
Science- The Mystery of the Disappearing Hares
Bits and Pieces II
1.1: Getting Close- Students will use benchmarks and decimal-fraction relationships to develop estimation strategies for finding decimal sums.
1.2 Estimating Sums- Students will use estimation skills in contextual situations where an exact answer is not needed to make an informed decision, further, students will make decisions about whether an overestimate or underestimate will suffice.
- Numbers to 99
- Phone numbers
- Telling Time
- Days of the Week
- Setting-time, place, mood, thoughts
- descriptive language- vivid verbs, precise adjectives, metaphor
- organization for imaginative genre