2.5: December 13-17
15- O.M.S.I. Field Trip- Bring a lunch or request a sack lunch from the cafeteria. We will depart Winterhaven at 9:30 a.m. and return at approximately 2:00 p.m..
This week in …
- Engineering: We will be designing structures with a particular goal in mind using straws and paperclips.
- O.M.S.I. Field Trip- Focus: architecture design and creative thought
- Incandescent bulb model: We will construct a model of a light bulb using our knowledge of circuits and resistance (conductors, semi-conductors).
- Permaculture Principle Posters – Each group will design and present two permaculture principle posters. These principles will guide our work in our school garden and at Oaks Bottom in the Spring.
Covering and Surrounding
Problem 1.1 is an introduction to area, perimeter, and the study of relationships between them through a motivating discussion of bumper-car designs.
Problem 1.2- Students compare costs of bumper-car rides, demonstrating that shapes with the same area need not have the same perimeter.
Problem 1.3- Students develop formulas for area and perimeter of rectangles.
Asking and Answering Questions
- What is this? これはなんですか。What is that? それはなんですか。
- Is this a pen? これはペンですか。
- How do you say pen in Japanese? ペンにほんごでなんですか。
- Are you Japanese? あなたはにほんじんですか。
- When is your birthday? たんじょうびはいつですか。
- What is your phone number? でんわばんごうはなんですか。