2.6: January 3-7
5- OAKS State Testing: Science
12- Late Start (school begins at 10:45)
17- No School: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
31- No School: Teacher Planning Day (end of second quarter)
This Week in…
- Permaculture principles and guild groups
- JASON Project Resilient Planet: Protecting Our Ecological Future. Unit 1, Invaders: A Constant Ecological Battle
Unit: Covering and Surrounding-
2.1: Building Storm Shelters- Students investigate how the perimeters of rectangles vary when they have the same area.
2.2: Stretching the Perimeter- Students continue to investigate perimeters for a constant area but they are no longer restricted to rectangular arrangements.
2.3: Fencing in Spaces– Students find the maximum and minimum possible areas for a rectangle with a perimeter of 24 m.
2.4: Adding Tiles to Pentominos– Students add tiles to a given figure to form shapes with a common perimeter.They find all the ways the perimeter can change by adding or subtracting a single tile.
- Positive Change Project- Developing a strategy using the habits and tools of a systems thinker
- Narrative- student choice between imaginative or memoir
- Publishing work on our classroom newspaper
Asking and Answering Questions
- What is this? これはなんですか。
- What is that? それはなんですか。
- Is this a pen? これはペンですか。
- Where is the pencil? えんぴつはどこですか。
- Do you understand Japanese? にほんごがわかりますか。
- How do you say pen in Japanese? ペンにほんごでなんですか。
- Are you Japanese? あなたはにほんじんですか。
- When is your birthday? たんじょうびはいつですか。
- How old are you? あなたはなんさいですか。
- What is your phone number? でんわばんごうはなんですか。
- What is your hobby? あなたのしゅみはなんですか。