3.2: February 13-17
2.15: Two hour late opening
2.20: Presidents’ Day, No School
3.2: Dr Seuss’s Birthday (Read Across America Day)
3.15: Math Alive!, 5:30-7:00
3.20: OMSI Field Trip, cow eye dissection, OMNIMAX
4.17: Spring Musical “Ring Out the Bells of Freedom”
4.22: Earth Day
4.25: Write Night, 5:30-7:30
This week in…
Math Permaculture principles to live by “Start small and build on success.” and “Many hands make light work.”
Green Team Projects- from planning to action
– Communicating through mathematics by integrating; measurement, geometry, algebra, statistics, and probability.
– Stock and Flow Models, understanding inputs and outputs in order to store or conserve energy, working with converters, building on complexity from simple models.
– Needs assessment; time, labor, supplies, donations etc.
One Straw Revolution
- Simply Serve Nature and All is Well
- Nature’s Food Mandala
Growing From Seed (Classroom Greenhouse)
- artificial lighting
- natural lighting
- indoor vs. outdoor
- designing a year round garden guild
- propagation methods beyond seeds