3.7: March 19-23
Science Fair EXPO Update (Our Four Fifth grade Winterhaven science fair winners)
- Thursday, March 22, set up boards at PSU’s Stott center
- Friday, March 23, attend science fair. Mr. Thompson will travel with the four fifth grade students via Tri-met. Depart at 9:00, return at 2:45. If you would like to attend the evening award ceremony make arrangements to meet your daughter at PSU before 1:30 p.m.
- bring bus fare and lunch money
ATTENTION: One or two more drivers needed for our March 20th OMSI Field-trip, we will depart at 9:15 and return to Winterhaven by 1:15. Sign-up by clicking here.
Donate a plant or organic matter for our permacultute garden
permaculture principle- Many hands make light work
Plant/Organic Matter Sign-up Page
- Driver wanted for our OMSI field trip!
- Fundraising coordinator for LED Lighting project and Water Bottle Filling Station wanted.
Image: Pineapple Guava, planted 3/17/2012
3.20: OMSI Field Trip, cow eye dissection, OMNIMAX
3.21: Late Opening, 10:45 start time
4.12: MAC Attack
4.17: Spring Musical “Ring Out the Bells of Freedom”
4.18: Late Start, 10:45 start time
4.22: Earth Day
4.25: Write Night, 5:30-7:30
- Chapter 7: The Fiddler’s Bill
- Chapter 8: A World to Come
- Chapter 9: The Scarlet Deluge
Final revisions on plant biographies, with bibliographies.
Bits and Pieces III: Computing with Decimals and Percents
- Designing a spring food garden around needs; soil, sun/shade, water, maintenance, plant community interdependence, human needs etc.
- Seeds: germination needs