3.8: April 1-5
Student led green team pechakucha to be presented to Portland Public Schools sustainability coordinators. Excerpt from PPS website: “Our next sustainability coordinator meeting will be Wednesday April 10th from 4-5:30 at the Windows Cafeteria at the BESC (501 N Dixon St). The presenters for this meeting will be students in William Thompson’s class, from Winterhaven School. They are an incredibly bright group who have a lot to share and teach us!” Students who attend will need transportation to and from our district headquarters.
4.9 Author Visit: Eric Kimmel
4.10 Field Trip: Portland Youth Philharmonic Concert, 11:30-12:30 (cost $3.30 for Tri-met)
4.11 MAC Attack
4.12 No School- Teacher Planning
4.17 Two Hour Late Start
4.24 Author Visit: Susan Fletcher
4.30 Write Night 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. cancelled
– Persuasive letters
• proposed change you wish to see
• changes that can be made
• personal connection
– Artist in residence planning, three groups of students one show
– Green team pechakucha to be presented to Portland Public Schools sustainability coordinators. Excerpt from PPS website below.
Reading: We the People
Lesson 1: What were the British Colonies in America like in the 1770’s?
Lesson 2: Why did the founders believe that people needed government?Watson’s Go to Birmingham (Chapters 1-3)
race and racism in America (Jim Crow)
Tools: bow compass, ruler, mechanical pencil
1. Angles in regular polygons
2. The equilateral triangle; interior and exterior angles
3. The tetrahedron; construction from equilateral triangles