1.1: September 9-13
This week in…
• Black soldier fly larvae observations. Needs and yields.
• Habits of a mathematician
• Area models for multiplication and division
• Sharing and grouping models for division
• Prime and composite numbers
• Prime factorization
• Socratic seminar- TBA
• Systems thinking- 13 habits and causal loops; reinforcing and balancing
• Leveraging the black soldier fly cycle to serve our needs; waste reduction, plant and soil food, fish and chicken food.
• Omnivore’s Dilemma
Part 1: The Industrial Meal: Food From Corn
Chapter 1 How Corn Took Over America
Chapter 2 The Farm
Chapter 3 From Farm to Factory
• Writing- begin personal memoir writing in computer lab on google docs
phase 1: listening to stories
phase 2: sharing some of our personal stories with our classmates
A-san: sumimasen, eigo ga wakarimasuka.
B-san: iie, wakarimasen. nihongo ga wakarimasuka.
A-san: hai, sukoshi wakarimasu.
B-san: anataha amerikajin desuka.
A-san: hai watashiha amerikajin desu.
あ い う え お
か き く け こ