1.4: September 30- October 4
10.9 Bull Run Watershed Field Trip, 8:45-2:45
10.11 No School- Teacher Inservice
10.16 Two Hour Late Opening
11.8 No school- Teacher Planning Day
11.11 No School Veterans’ Day
11.21 Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m.
11.25 Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:00 a.m. -8:00 p.m.
11.26 Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
This week in…
• Multiplying by 10 and Multiples of 10
• Multi-Digit Multiplication Pre-Assessment
• Sketching Multiplication Arrays
• Skeleton Arrays
Green Teams measurement challenge-
“Show” your group project using the communication tool called mathematics
• From Farm to Factory
• The Grain Elevator
• The Feedlot- Turning Corn into Meat
• Processed Food
• Green Team Group Work: Identifying leverage points and designing scientific investigations directly related to our green team projects
• Permaculture Ethics and Principles we will be using to help us reduce every kind of waste during the design process in our green team work.
• Bull Run Watershed- Letting Nature and Gravity do all the work.
The Four C’s: Clean, Cold, Cheap, and Constant
• Memoir revisions: focusing on strong endings in our writing, identifying types of common strong endings. Understanding the need and importance for multiple revisions
Writing and Translation Practice
Listening and speaking practice:
A-san: Excuse me, are you Japanese?
sumimasen, anata wa nihonjindesuka.
B-san: No, I’m American.
iie, watashi ha amerika-jin desu.
A-san: Do you understand Japanese?
nihongo ga wakarimasuka.
B-san: Yes, I understand a little Japanese. Do you understand English.
hai, sukoshi nihongo ga wakarimasu. eigo ga wakarimasuka.
A-san: Sorry, no I do not understand English.
sumimasen, iie eigo ga wakarimasen.