1.9: November 4-7
• Art helpers Wednesdays and Thursdays, 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m., help set up and pass out materials, ongoing
• Garden Work Party in Native Garden, Friday, November 22, from 3:00 p.m.
11.8 No school- Teacher Planning Day
11.11 No School Veterans’ Day
11.21 Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m.
11.25 Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:00 a.m. -8:00 p.m.
11.26 Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
* Call the office and ask to schedule your conference
12.5 Science Fair (Grades 5-8) 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
1.7 OMSI Field Trip- Labs: Cow Eye Dissection & Food Chemistry; OMNIMAX: Hurricane on the Bayou. Drivers Wanted! Turn in criminal background information form pdf and proof of insurance form pdf to the office
This week in…
Review Part 1:
Question, Hypothesis, Background Information, and Journal
Graph your hypothesis: independent variable on the x-axis, dependent variable on the y-axis.
Review Part 2:
Designing the investigation; materials list and procedures, science notebook/journal for observations.
Conduct experiment and record observations in your journal throughout the process, using your data make a table and graph.
• Continued work on pathways, creating a map of food forest with five regions divided by pathways.
• Harvest kale and cook for cafeteria.
• October work: Maintenance in our five garden regions, ground cover, mulch, compost, planting berry bushes, natives, dwarf fruit trees etc.
• Review of permaculture ethics and principles
Project 1: small scale design model of inputs and outputs in your system, all measurements must be shown, focus on precision
Green Teams measurement challenge-
“Show” your group project using the communication tool “mathematics”. Ask yourself, What do we need to reduce? (Identify and quantify waste in our system) What do we need to accumulate? (turning potential waste into resources we need)
Geometry and Measurement
• Sorting triangles and quadrilaterals
• Constructing triangles and quadrilaterals
• Pattern block angles
• Fibonacci challenge:
I: Fibonacci Figuring
II: Sorting Sequences
III: Sum Fun!
IV: Crawling Critters
V: Boy Bees
Immaginative Narrative; 25 years into a hopeful future
pre-writing process- idea generating, regeneration sciences and philosophy
Looking at waste, defining waste, answering the questions “Where does change begin?” “What are sustainable practices?”.
• Processed Food
• Fat From Corn
• The Omnivore’s Dilemma
• My Fast Food Meal
Writing and Translation Practice
っつ small tsu
small ya yu yo やゃ ゆゅ よょ