2.2: November 18-22
• Art helpers Wednesdays and Thursdays, 11:00 p.m.-12:00 p.m., help set up and pass out materials, ongoing. Just show up, your help is appreciated.
• Monthly Garden Work Party in Native Garden, Friday, November 22, from 3:00 p.m.
• Drivers Wanted!
1.7 OMSI Field Trip- Labs: Cow Eye Dissection & Food Chemistry; OMNIMAX: Hurricane on the Bayou. Turn in criminal background information form pdf and proof of insurance form pdf to the office. Depart Winterhaven at 8:50 a.m., return at 12:00 p.m.
4.8 Japanese Garden Depart Winterhaven 9:30, return at 11:30.
11.21 Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m.
11.25 Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:00 a.m. -8:00 p.m.
11.26 Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
* Call the office and ask to schedule your conference
12.5 Science Fair (Grades 5-8) 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
1. Food Forest
• continued work on pathways and boarders
• update map of our five regions
• Harvest kale and cook for cafeteria (ongoing).
• Review of permaculture ethics and principles
• Determining and prioritizing future work (ongoing written record).
2. Native Bird, Bug, and Plant Garden
• Path making- add bark mulch to path.
• Determining and prioritizing future work (ongoing written record)
Analysis and Conclusion
• what story does your graph tell (analysis)
• notes and labeled sketches (analysis)
• compare your hypothesis graph with your graph used to analyze your actual data, what story does it tell? (conclusion)
2. Waste Reduction
3. Place Making
* measurement, stock and flow models, and connection circle completed this week and presented on Friday
Geometry and Measurement
• parallels, perpendiculars, and angles
• polygon riddles
XI: Rational Ratios
XII: Beautiful Problems
XIII: Pieces of Gold
XIV: Invent Your Own Numbers
XV: Tantalizing Triangles
Immaginative Narrative; 25 years into a hopeful future
1. Lead, setting and thesis statement.
2. Three Supporting paragraphs connecting to the thesis statement
We the People- U.S. History
British Colonies- group presentations
Why did the Founders believe that people needed government?
What is a republican government?
What is a constitutional government?
• Fat From Corn
• The Omnivore’s Dilemma
• My Fast Food Meal
practice singing: ue wo muite arukou
lyrics in Japanese ひらがな
ア イ ウ エ オ
カ キ ク ケ コ
サ シ ス セ ソ
タ チ ツ テ ト
ナ ニ ヌ ネ ノ
ハ ヒ フ ヘ ホ
Writing and Translation Practice
っつ small tsu
small ya yu yo やゃ ゆゅ よょ