2.5: December 16-20
Green Team Message
12.18 Two-Hour Late Opening
1.7 OMSI Field Trip (*Drivers Wanted!)
This week in…
Geometry and Measurement
• Calculating volume, precise measurements using appropriate units, multiplying fractions
• Problem Solving Activities
#1 Fish Tank Design
#2 Tank Volume
#3 Fish Tank Models
#4 Number of Fish in a Given Area
#5 Serving the Fishes Needs
#6 Adding Plants
#7 Water for Your Fish Tank
Green team math measurement challenge-
• to make waste visible with both short-term and long-term perspectives in mind.
• to show the power of reinforcing growth in regenerative practices
• Systems thinking archetypes
• Food forests- from three months to 3,000 years
• Garden work in food forest and native plant, bug, and bird garden.
• Green Team: prepare for Thursday’s presentations
A Christmas Carol– Charles Dickens
Stave One: Marley’s Ghost (1-28) Lead, setting, thesis statement.
Stave Two: The First of the Three Spirits (29-54)
Stave Three: The Second of the Three Spirits (55-88)
Stave Four: The Last of the Spirits (89-110)
Stave Five: The End of It (111-120)
-Watch Movie on Friday- George C. Scott version
Imaginative Narrative- 2038: A Hopeful Future
Five paragraph narrative/essay reviewed
I. Introduction- Lead, setting, thesis statement- includes topics for three body paragraphs.
II: Body paragraph one- Topic sentence (refer to thesis statement) and transition
III: Body paragraph two- Topic sentence (refer to thesis statement) and transition
IV: Body paragraph three- Topic sentence (refer to thesis statement) and transition
V: Conclusion- Intention to make or remind the reader to change in order to make your 2038 possible. A Christmas Carol was about positive change too!
U.S. History- We the People
• Why did the founders believe that people needed government?
• What is a republican government?
• What is a constitutional government?
Native North and South American History
• The Maya
• Pacal: Mayan expansion and demise
Practice reading and singing: Ue wo muite arukou
ア イ ウ エ オ
カ キ ク ケ コ
サ シ ス セ ソ
タ チ ツ テ ト
ナ ニ ヌ ネ ノ
ハ ヒ フ ヘ ホ
マ ミ ム メ モ
ヤ ユ ヨ
ラ リ ル レ ロ