2.8: January 21-24
1.22 Two Hour Late Opening
1.23 PTSA Variety Show 6 p.m.- 8 p.m.
1.28 Teacher Planning Day- No School
2.18 Presidents Day- No School
This week in…
Multiplication, Division and Fractions
• Egg carton fractions
• Name the fraction
• Fraction story problems
Green Team- Math measurement group presentations continued
Socratic Seminar #3
Text: The American Dream by Martin Luther King, Jr.
Watson’s Go to Birmingham- 1963
Chapter 6: Swedish Cremes and Welfare Cheese
Chapter 7: Every Chihuahua in America Lines Up to Take a Bite out of Byron
Chapter 8: The Ultra-Glide!
Chapter 9: The Watson’s Go to Birmingham- 1963
• Practicing to read aloud our 2038 stories
• Plant biographies, strong lead and thesis statement
• Positive Change Ice-berg posters using behavior over time graphs, connection circles, causal loops and ladder of inference to articulate mental models.
Permaculture- work in native plant, bug, and bird garden. Building top soil and planning for Spring planting. Maintenance on pathways in food forest, mapping our five work areas, needs assessment. Designing garden guilds for synergetic effect.
– kanji (1-10)
右 下 雨 花 日 貝 王 一 音 円
– reading ue wo muite arukou in hiragana (ひらがな）
– conversation dialogues from listening lab