3.3: February 11-14
2.17 Presidents Day- No School
2.19 Early Release at 12:30, Teachers check out
2.20 No School
2.21 No school
2.24 No School
2.25 School resumes with substitute teachers,check district website for details.
2.28 Garden work party 3:00-5:00 p.m.
3.5 Field Trip- Arlene Schnitzer, Portland Youth Philharmonic (11:30), Depart Winterhaven at 10:45, Transportation by Tri-met
This week in…
• Collecting data then creating circle and bar graphs
• creating probability games using dice and playing cards
Probability dice game for Second graders:
• game instructions sheet and score sheet
• theoretical probability model to go with game
Green Team- Math measurement project: Winterhaven
1. determining waste (Systems concept: leverage)
2. measuring waste (Systems tool: BOTG’s)
3. reducing waste (increasing efficiency; ladder of inference)
Socratic Seminar #5
Text: About Revenge- Francis Bacon
Whole Class Socratic Seminar (Ice-berg Thinking)
Text: Watershed Wisdom of the Beaver- Toby Hemenway
preparing to read aloud our plant biographies
After the End
• Read aloud to self several times (5). Make revisions after each time.
• Read aloud to two different classmates. Make corrections after receiving feedback. Have each student sign your paper
Read plant biographies aloud to class starting on Wednesday.
Permaculture- work in native plant, bug, and bird garden. Building top soil and planning for Spring planting. Maintenance on pathways in food forest, mapping our five work areas, needs assessment. Designing garden guilds for synergetic effect. Planting berry shrubs and native plants. Begin planting seeds in classroom