3.4: February 18-21
2.28 Garden work party 3:00-5:00 p.m.
3.5 Field Trip- Arlene Schnitzer, Portland Youth Philharmonic (11:30), Depart Winterhaven at 10:45, Transportation by Tri-met
4.8 Field trip: Japanese Garden, Depart 9:30, return 11:30 (drivers wanted)
4.23 Fourth/Fifth Grade Musical: Ring Out the Bells of Freedom, 6:30 p.m.
This week in…
• Working with Pascal’s Triangle
• Green Team- Math measurement project: Winterhaven
1. determining waste (Systems concept: leverage)
2. measuring waste (Systems tool: BOTG’s)
3. reducing waste (increasing efficiency; ladder of inference)
Chapter 1: Up And About
Chapter 2: The Pride of Your Power
Whole Class Socratic Seminar (Ice-berg Thinking)
Text: Watershed Wisdom of the Beaver- Toby Hemenway
Connection Circle Group Presentations
Read plant biographies aloud to class continued. Must have two student signatures
Permaculture- food forest garden
• Hedge row community: Plant 15 salad plants between evergreen huckleberries.
• Assign garden boxes to each group, zone 1 plantings only
• Continue work on path