2.1: November 2-6, 2015
11- Veterans Day- No School
12- OMSI Field Trip (cow eye dissection and OMNIMAX)
13- Garden Work Party, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
26-27- Thanksgiving- No School
Mental Strategies for Multi-Digit Whole Number Division
• Lesson 16- Use divide by 10 patterns for multi-digit whole number division
• Lesson 17- Use basic facts to estimate quotients with two-digit divisors
• Lesson 18- Use basic facts to estimate quotients with two-digit divisors
• Lesson 19- Divide two and three digit dividends by multiples of 10 with single-digit quotients and make connections to a written method
• Lesson 20- Divide two and three digit dividends by two digits divisors with single digit quotients and make connections to a written method
Math/Systems Thinking projects promoting positive change at Winterhaven
The Missing Axe: A Tale from China
• Chapter 7: Fat for Corn
• Chapter 8: The Omnivore’s Dilemma
• Chapter 9: My Fast Food Meal
• The Power of Light-Isaac Bashevis Singer
• Dream Deferred– Langston Hughes
Part 3 due on or before Friday, December 11
Conduct Experiment and Record Data and Observations–
Record written observations and labeled sketches in your science fair journal as you conduct your experiment.
Record your data in a table that is titled and clearly labeled.
Graph the data clearly and accurately.
In order to provide more reliable data, your experiment should be repeated several times.
It is a good idea to do a rough draft in your science journal before making a final draft.
You can use the graphing tool on our web site, or a software program such as excel (advanced) to construct your graph.
2.1: Katakana Quiz
Do you understand?
Do you understand a little?
Are you Japanese?
Can you speak English?
What is this?
How do you say “apple” in Japanese