2.2: November 8-13
Criminal Background check for volunteers click HERE
Field Trip Info:
When: Thursday, November 12.
We will be departing Winterhaven for OMSI no later than 9:30 a.m. using MAX. We should be back by 2:30 p.m.. Bring a sack lunch or request one from the cafeteria.
Thank you parent volunteers! See you Thursday.
11- Veterans Day- No School
12- OMSI Field Trip (cow eye dissection and OMNIMAX)
13- Garden Work Party, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
26-27- Thanksgiving- No School
16- 2 hr Late Opening
21- First day of Winter Break- No School
THIS WEEK IN…
Lesson 21 Objective– Divide two and three-digit dividends by two-digit divisors with single-digit quotients and make connections to a written method.
Lesson 22 Objective- Divide three- and four-digit dividends by two-digit divisors resulting in two- and three-digit quotients, reasoning about the decomposition of successive remainders in each place value.
• Socratic Seminar: The Wolf and the Dog (A Tale from the Middle East)
A Paradox of Motion by Zeno of Elea
• Omnivore’s Dilemma
Chapter 9: My Fast Food meal
• Poetry: Dream Deferred– Langston Hughes
Why should The Power of Light by Isaac Bashevis Singer be required reading for all fifth graders?
Using examples from the story provide three reasons
Part 3 due on or before Friday, December 11
• Conduct Experiment and Record Data and Observations- Record written observations and labeled sketches in your science fair journal as you conduct your experiment.
• Record your data in a table that is titled and clearly labeled.
• Graph the data clearly and accurately.
In order to provide more reliable data, your experiment should be repeated several times.
It is a good idea to do a rough draft in your science journal before making a final draft.
You can use the graphing tool on our web site, or a software program such as excel (advanced) to construct your graph.