2.5: December 7-11
THIS WEEK IN…
Module 3: Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
Current Topic- Equivalent Fractions
• Lesson 1 Objective- Make equivalent fractions with the number line, the area model, and numbers
• Lesson 2 Objective- Make equivalent fractions with sums of fractions with like denominators
• Lesson 3 Objective- Add fractions with unlike units using the strategy of creating equivalent fractions
• Lesson 4 Objective- Add fractions with sums between one and two
• Christmas Carol- Charles Dickens
- Stave Three: The Second of the Three Spirits
- Stave Four: The Last of the Three Spirits
• Socratic Seminar: Philosopher- Martin Heideggar 1889-1976 (German)
Text: Do we control technology or does technology control us?
Reflections- The First Spirit & the Second Spirit
Part 3 due on or before Friday, December 11
• Conduct Experiment and Record Data and Observations- Record written observations and labeled sketches in your science fair journal as you conduct your experiment.
• Record your data in a table that is titled and clearly labeled.
• Graph the data clearly and accurately.
In order to provide more reliable data, your experiment should be repeated several times.
It is a good idea to do a rough draft in your science journal before making a final draft.
You can use the graphing tool on our web site, or a software program such as excel (advanced) to construct your graph.