2.6: December 14-18
16- 2 hr. Late Opening
21- First day of Winter Break- No School
THIS WEEK IN…
Module 3: Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
Current Topic- Making Like Units Pictorially
• Lesson 5 Objective- Subtraction fractions with unlike units using the strategy of creating equivalent fractions.
• Lesson 6 Objective- Subtract fractions from numbers between 1 and 2.
• Lesson 7 Objective- Solve two-step word problems.
Scale model of the solar system- size and distance
given sun has a 6 in diameter
• Christmas Carol- Charles Dickens
- Stave Four: The Last of the Three Spirits
- Stave Five: The End of It
• Socratic Seminar:
Imaginative Narrative- 25 years into a positive future.
Students will choose three settings in the future and apply innovation and design to improve overall systems.
Part 4 due on or before Friday, January 15
Analysis and Conclusion:
A: Analysis– this includes your data displayed in tables and graphs in final draft form and a written explanation of what your data shows. What story does your graph tell?
B: Conclusion– include a graph that shows data from both your hypothesis as well as the actual results from your analysis. Explain whether or not the hypothesis is supported by your analysis. Compare and contrast your hypothesis and analysis. Consult your journal for any discoveries and difficulties you encountered along the way and report it here. What scientific question or questions were raised during or after your investigation that you would you like to explore?