3.3: February 8-12
2.15 Presidents’ Day- No School
2.17 Two-hour late opening
3.2 Dr. Seuss’ Birthday- Read Across America Celebration in Room 23
3.16 Two-hour late opening
3.21-25 Spring Break
4.8 End of 3rd Quarter planning day- No School
4.20 Two-hour late opening
4.22 Earth Day- Fifth grade Earth Day performance followed by Winterhaven Plant Sale
This week in…
Enrichment: Probability and the meaning of decimal fractions (theoretical and experimental).
Using data collected to inform decision making vs. data that ought play out to inform decision making.
• Rolling the Dice
• Black Jack- 52 cards
Module 4: Multiplication and Division of Fractions and Decimal Fractions
Lesson 9: Find a fraction of measurement, and solve word problems.
Lesson 10: Compare and evaluate expressions with parentheses.
Lesson 11: Solve and create fraction word problems involving addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
Lesson 12: Solve and create fraction word problems involving addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
Lesson 13: Multiply unit fractions by unit fractions.
• Positive Change Project topic selected and turned in with a 1-2 page summary explaining your personal connection to the project, and the multiple ways (at least two) your project relates to positive change. Due Friday
• More Positive Change Project examples and idea sharing
• The Lorax regeneration project- Small group innovation through iceberg thinking posters
- Chapter 5: The Boston Observer
- Chapter 6: Salt-Water Tea
- Chapter 7: The Fiddler’s Bill
Systems Ecology Continued
Regeneration process- Turning dirt to soil and letting nature do all the work.
Topic: Soil- abiotic and biotic properties
reading and writing practice