4.3: April 25-29, 2016
STATE TESTING SCHEDULE & OPT OUT FORMS
5.9 OAKS Science
5.16 & 5.17 SBAC Testing: Reading
5.23-5.26 SBAC Testing: Math
SBAC testing opt out form pdf
4.28 Glass Art with Kurumi Conley
5.4 Japanese Garden Field Trip- 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Drivers Wanted… Depart 9:30, return 12:00
1. Fill out driver qualification form and return to Winterhaven’s office
2. Background Verification Online click here
5.6 Japan on the Road visits our classroom
5.20 PTSA Carnival, Fifth grade dunk tank and native plant sale
5.29 Field of Fun
5.30 Memorial Day- No School
6.8 School Pic Nic
6.9 Fifth Grade BIG CHAUTAUQUA
This Week In….
Objective: Find the area of rectangles with mixed-by-mixed and fraction-by-fraction side lengths by tiling, record by drawing, and relate to fraction multiplication.
Objective: Measure to find the area of rectangles with fractional side lengths.
Objective: Multiply mixed number factors, and relate to the distributive property and area model.
Enrichment: Multicultural math
• Counting systems from different times and places
• Counting on the Japanese and Chinese Abacus
Biography of a Plant research paper
• plant needs (i.e community)
• interesting facts
Positive Change Project iceberg poster practice
model: Amanda Shaw: wetland restoration
Part III: The local, sustainable system
Hurricane On the Bayou
Systems Thinking- regeneration of the wetlands on the Mississippi Delta
Permaculture- Planning and building healthy plant guilds
• start small and build on success
• observe and interact
• a systems structure generates its behavior