4.1: April 10-14, 2017
Sisu- Whatever it takes.
14: MAC Attack Run (Sponsor sheets due April 11)
21: Earth Day Celebration and Performance, 10:30 a.m. (Morning performance only)
See testing schedule and link below
19: Spring Carnival, 5:00-8:00 p.m.
25: Move Up Day, 8:45-9:30
25: Japanese Garden Field Trip, Depart Winterhaven at 9:30, Return at 12:00. Drivers wanted!
Volunteer Background Check
Driver Qualification Form PDF
26: Field of Fun, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
State Testing Schedule for Fifth Grade
May 8, 2017: Science
Week of May 15, 2017: Math
Week of May 22, 2017: Reading
General Testing and Opting Out Information
This week in…
Grade 5 Module 4: Multiplication and Division of Fractions and Decimal Fractions
1. Khan Academy
Module 4: Topic G: Division of Fractions and Decimal Fractions. Supports Lessons 25-31
• Lesson 25: Objective: Divide a whole number by a unit fraction. Homework due Tuesday
• Lesson 26: Objective: Divide a unit fraction by a whole number. Homework due Wednesday
• Lesson 27: Objective: Solve problems involving fraction division. Homework due Thursday
• Lesson 28: Objective: Write equations and word problems corresponding to tape and number line diagrams. No Math Homework due Friday
3. Systems Thinking Project Teams: Using math (measurement) to increase understanding of the real world and to understand and reduce waste. Ongoing. Telling stories by the numbers.
4. Math Games: Math 24- Multiplying, Dividing, Adding, and Subtracting Fractions; order of operations p.e.m.d.a.s.
*Please be prepared every day
- Chapter 13: Blacks Arrive in North Cities
- Chapter 14: World War 2 and America’s Ethnic Problem (Monday)
- Chapter 15: Calls For Change (Tuesday)
- Chapter 16: New Wave of Newcomers (Wednesday)
- Chapter 17: We Will All Be Minorities (Thursday)
Kanji Reading/Writing Practice