4.2: April 17-21, 2017
21: Earth Day Celebration and Performance, 10:30 a.m. (Morning performance only)
See testing schedule and link below
19: Spring Carnival, 5:00-8:00 p.m.
25: Move Up Day, 8:45-9:30
25: Japanese Garden Field Trip, Depart Winterhaven at 9:30, Return at 12:00. Drivers wanted!
Volunteer Background Check
Driver Qualification Form PDF
26: Field of Fun, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
State Testing Schedule for Fifth Grade
May 8, 2017: Science
Week of May 15, 2017: Math
Week of May 22, 2017: Reading
General Testing and Opting Out Information
This week in…
Grade 5 Module 4: Multiplication and Division of Fractions and Decimal Fractions
1. Khan Academy
Module 4: Topic G: Division of Fractions and Decimal Fractions. Supports Lessons 25-31
• Lesson 29: Objective: Connect division by a unit fraction to division by 1 tenth and 1 hundredth. Homework due Tuesday
• Lesson 30: Objective: Divide decimal dividends by non‐unit decimal divisors. Homework due Wednesday
• Lesson 31: Objective: Divide decimal dividends by non‐unit decimal divisors.. Homework due Thursday
• Lesson 32: Objective: Interpret and evaluate numerical expressions including the language of scaling and fraction division.. No Math Homework due Friday
3. Systems Thinking Project Teams: Using math (measurement) to increase understanding of the real world and to understand and reduce waste. Ongoing. Telling stories by the numbers.
4. Math Games: Math 24- Multiplying, Dividing, Adding, and Subtracting Fractions; order of operations p.e.m.d.a.s.
*Please be prepared every day
- Chapter 15: Calls For Change
- Chapter 16: New Wave of Newcomers
- Chapter 17: We Will All Be Minorities
Lorax Returns play practice
Waste small group presentations practice