4.8: June 4-8, 2018
The numbers are in…
The fifth graders raised $870.00 at the carnival, the second most ever! Thank you fifth graders and parents for supporting our fund raiser. We will send $270.00 to the Oregon Food Band and use the remaining $600.00 towards a K-8 Taiko residency that will benefit all students next year.
7: Winterhaven whole school pic nic, 10:30 a.m. -2:50 p.m. (Bring a sack lunch)
8: Fifth grade Big Chautauqua, 9:30 a.m. -10:30 a.m.. Parents welcome!
8: End of the year Scotties Pizza Party and a movie ( The Secret World of Arrietty, Japanese w/English subtitles) 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m..
Genre: Non Fiction Informational, NewsELA
• Pechakucha projects begin Monday, May 14
Pechakucha outline and timeline
Monday: students 1-10
Tuesday: students 11-20
Wednesday: students 21-30
Fifth Grade Big Chautauqua Preparation
Where I am From Poem Medley
• One stanza from each student (four Lines, proper format)
Practice: ue wo muite arukou for Big Chautauqua
Principles and Ethics PDF (Toby Hemenway)
Theme: Building community through spaces and gardens
• planting blueberries, huckleberries,
• planting pollinators
• planting native herbs and perennials
• soil amendments to increase nutrients
• soil amendments to increase soil acidity