1.8: October 15-19, 2018
16: Japan on the Road visits Winterhaven, 9:15-12:15
25: Bull Run Watershed Field Trip
-Volunteer Background Check
–Preparing for Bull Run Watershed
29: No School- End of First Quarter/Teacher Planning Day
15: OMSI Field Trip
19: No School- Conferences, 8:00 a.m. -8:00 p.m.
20: No School- Conferences, 8:00 a.m. -8:00 p.m.
21-23: No School- Thanksgiving Break
17-January 1: No School- Winter Break
21: No School- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
22: No School- End of Second Quarter/Teacher Planning Day
24: Science Fair, 5:00 p.m..
This week in …
Module 2: Multi-Digit Whole Number and Decimal Fraction Operations
Lesson 11 Objective: Multiply decimal fractions by multi-digit whole numbers through conversion to a whole number problem and reasoning about the placement of the decimal. Homework due Thursday
Lesson 12 Objective: Reason about the product of a whole number and a decimal with hundredths using place value understanding and estimation. Homework due Friday
Khan Academy: Topic C: Decimal multi-digit multiplication
• Independent Reading:
• Classroom Reading
The Number Devil
The First Night:
1. The importance of 1.
2. Fractions using 1
3. Creating all the whole numbers using only 1 (11×11=1 21)
4. Palindromes and other symmetrical patterns created (111×111=12321, 1111×1111=1234321).
• Socratic Seminar
Narratives-Memoir: After the end revision strategies and reading our written work to an audience.
Science Inquiry Report
Framing the Investigation
• Background Information
• Hypothesis and hypothesis graph
• Materials List
The Lorax Group Project
• Connection Circles- understanding interdependence
• Ladder of Inference- understanding mental models across a diverse range
• Behavior over time graphs- looking at change over time, patterns and trends
Groups will present an understanding of the problem in terms of “isolation and segregation” and a solution that “integrates all parts of the system” for a positive outcome.
1. Cause of degeneration is identified from a systemic perspective
2. Potential solution that regenerates system will be presented using systems tools, i.e. BOTG’s, Connection Circles, Ladder of inference.
• Numbers 1-99 continued
romaji (i•chi, ni, sa•n, yo•n, go, ro•ku, na•na, ha•chi, kyu•u, jyu•u) review
Introductions and greetings (review)
Asking names (review)
Numbers to 999 (review)
School and Grade (review)
Do you understand? (review)
いらっしゃい: Lesson 7 – Age Part 1
The topics covered are age and numbers 1 ~ 99. The cultural topic is kimono. Reading practice covers the hiragana: さ、し、す、せ、そ.
あいうえお と かきくけこ review a and k
さしすせそ ざじずぜぞ たちつてと だぢづでど review s z t d
なにぬねの はひふへほ ばびぶべぼ ぱぴぷぺぽ review n h b p
まみむめも やゆよ review m y
らりるれろ わを ん review r w n
きゃきゅきょ ぎゃぎゅぎょ しゃしゅしょ じゃじゅじょ ちゃちゅちょ ぢゃぢゅぢょ kya kyu kyo gya gyu gyo …
Hiragana quiz this week PDF