2.3: November 18-22, 2019
25: No School- Conferences 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
26: No School- Conferences 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
27-29: No School- Thanksgiving Break
6: OMSI Field Trip: Cow eye dissection, Movie-National Parks, and featured exhibit TBA. Transportation by Tri-met, bring a sack lunch.
Approximate times: Depart 9:30, Return 2:30
23: Winter Break Begins (December 21-January 5)
20: No School: MLK, Jr. Birthday celebrated (Born January 15, 1929)
27: No School: Teacher Planning Day (End of Second Quarter)
30: K-8 Science Fair: 5:00-7:00 p.m..
Module 2: Multi-Digit Whole Number and Decimal Fraction Operations
Topic H: Measurement Word Problems with Multi-Digit Division
• Lesson 28 Objective: Solve division word problems involving multi-digit division with group size unknown and the number of groups unknown.
• Lesson 29 Objective: Solve division word problems involving multi-digit division with group size unknown and the number of groups unknown.
Khan Academy: Topic H: Measurement word problems with multi-digit division
Khan Academy: Module Two Practice Test
Module 3: Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
Topic A: Equivalent Fractions
• Lesson 1 Objective: Make equivalent fractions with the number line, the area model, and numbers.
• Lesson 2 Objective: Make equivalent fractions with sums of fractions with like denominators.
Khan Academy Topic A: Equivalent fractions
The Lorax Returns
Create outline from our connection circles and whole class brainstorming sessions.
• Written reflections
characteristics of successful learners reflections for conferences
Speaking: read a poem, readings begin, Wednesday December 4
Omnivore’s Dilemma: Young Readers Edition
Part 1: The Industrial Meal: Food From Corn- Chapters 1-10
- How Corn Took Over America
- The Farm
- From Farm to Factory
- The Grain Elevator
- The Feedlot- Turning Corn into Meat
- Processed Food
- Fat From Corn
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma
- My Fast-Food Meal
Please bring a book from the Multnomah County Public Library, Winterhaven’s Library, home, borrow from a friend or sibling, or a book store.
-Realistic Fiction/Historical Fiction
Historical Fiction List from SPL
Native American History
Our Solar System
• What does a day measure?
• What does a month measure?
• What does a year measure?
• Does every place on Earth receive the same amount of light in a year?
• How fast is the Earth moving?
• Numbers 1-99
romaji (i•chi, ni, sa•n, yo•n, go, ro•ku, na•na, ha•chi, kyu•u, jyu•u)
あいうえお と かきくけこ と がぎぐげご
さしすせそ と たちつてと と ざじずぜぞ と だぢづでど
なにぬねの と はひふへほ と ばびぶべぼ と ぱぴぷぺぽ
• Conversation- brief self-introduction
• Is it okay if I go wash my hands?
• Is it okay if I get a drink of water?
• My phone number is
• How do you say “pen” in Japanese
• How do you say “pen” in English?
• My phone number is …
• What is this?
• Where is?
• What time is it?
• What month is it?
Song: UE WO MUITE ARUKOU by Kyuu Sakamoto
What is? Where is?
Putting together various sentences to engage conversation.
Word processing in Japanese
Assignment #1 writing a dialogue in Hiragana and Romaji
Assignment #2 make a hiragana table on google.docs
Assignment #3 create a Q and A dialogue in hiragana