2.4: December 2-6, 2019
6: OMSI Field Trip: Cow eye dissection, Movie-National Parks, and featured exhibit TBA. Transportation by Tri-met, bring a sack lunch.
Itinerary times: Depart Winterhaven @ 9:15, Return 2:30
21: Winter Break Begins (December 21-January 5)
20: No School: MLK, Jr. Birthday celebrated (Born January 15, 1929)
27: No School: Teacher Planning Day (End of Second Quarter)
30: K-8 Science Fair: 5:00-7:00 p.m..
Module 3: Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
Topic B: Making Like Units Pictorially
• Lesson 3 Objective: Add fractions with unlike units using the strategy of creating equivalent fractions.
• Lesson 4 Objective: Add fractions with sums between 1 and 2.
• Lesson 5 Objective: Subtract fractions with unlike units using the strategy of creating equivalent fractions.
• Lesson 6 Objective: Subtract fractions from numbers between 1 and 2.
Khan Academy Topic B: Making like units pictorially
The Lorax Returns
• strong lead and thesis statement
• three supporting paragraphs with topic sentences supported by the thesis statement.
• conclusion “unless” call to action
Speaking: read a poem, readings begin, Wednesday December 4
Omnivore’s Dilemma: Young Readers Edition
Part 1: The Industrial Meal: Food From Corn- Chapters 1-10
- The Grain Elevator
- The Feedlot- Turning Corn into Meat
- Processed Food
- Fat From Corn
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma
- My Fast-Food Meal
Christmas Carol– Charles Dickens
- Stave One: Marley’s Ghost
- Stave Two: The First of the Three Spirits
- Stave Three: The Second of the Three Spirits
- Stave Four: The Last of the Three Spirits
- Stave Five: The End of It
Please bring a book from the Multnomah County Public Library, Winterhaven’s Library, home, borrow from a friend or sibling, or a book store.
Our Solar System
• What does a day measure?
• What does a month measure?
• What does a year measure?
• Does every place on Earth receive the same amount of light in a year?
• How fast is the Earth moving?
• Numbers 1-99
romaji (i•chi, ni, sa•n, yo•n, go, ro•ku, na•na, ha•chi, kyu•u, jyu•u)
あいうえお と かきくけこ と がぎぐげご
さしすせそ と たちつてと と ざじずぜぞ と だぢづでど
なにぬねの と はひふへほ と ばびぶべぼ と ぱぴぷぺぽ
• Conversation- brief self-introduction
• Is it okay if I go wash my hands?
• Is it okay if I get a drink of water?
• My phone number is
• How do you say “pen” in Japanese
• How do you say “pen” in English?
• My phone number is …
• What is this?
• Where is?
• What time is it?
• What month is it?
Song: UE WO MUITE ARUKOU by Kyuu Sakamoto
What is? Where is?
Putting together various sentences to engage conversation.
Word processing in Japanese
Assignment #1 writing a dialogue in Hiragana and Romaji
Assignment #2 make a hiragana table on google.docs
Assignment #3 create a Q and A dialogue in hiragana