3.3: February 10-14, 2020
BLACK HISTORY MONTH
14: Oregon’s Birthday Oregon Trivia 心
17: No School: President’s Day
02: K-5 Taiko residency begins
19: Variety Show, 6:30-8:00
23-27: No School: Spring Break
This Week in…
Module 4: Multiplication and Division of Fractions and Decimal Fractions
Topic F: Multiplication with fractions and decimals as scaling and word problems
• Lesson 21 Objective: Explain the size of the product, and relate fraction and decimal equivalence to multiplying a fraction by 1.
• Lesson 22 Objective: Compare the size of the product to the size of the factors.
• Lesson 23 Objective: Compare the size of the product to the size of the factors.
• Lesson 24 Objective: Solve word problems using fraction and decimal multiplication.
Khan Academy: Multiplication with fractions and decimals as scaling and word problems
solar machines design challenge
• Final preparation and experimentation
Inquiry questions/ further exploration
February’s Independent Reading Genre
BLACK HISTORY MONTH!
• Coretta Scott King Book Awards, 1970- Present
Classroom Book Study:
A Different Mirror by Ronald Takaki
• Introduction: My Story, Our Story
• Why a Different Mirror?
• Removing the “Savages”
• The Hidden Origins of Slavery
• The Road to the Reservation
• Life in Slavery
• The Flight from Ireland
Biography of a Plant
• Conclusion- plant action plan
• One minute speeches begin on Wednesday
Biography of a Positive Change Maker
What significant change was made?
What obstacles were overcome? (How were those obstacles overcome?)
What habits of the Positive Change Maker led to her/his success?
Road to Revolution group research and presentations
- Sugar Act- 1764
- Stamp Act- 1765
- Quartering Act- 1765
- The Sons of Liberty -1765
- The Townshend Acts- 1767
- The Boston Massacre- 1770
- Boston Tea Party- 1773
- The Coercive Acts- 1774
- Lexington and Concord The Shot Heard Round the World– 1775
Age part 1