1.7: October 26-30, 2020
5: End of first quarter
6: Teacher planning day- No School
11: Veterans Day- No School
23-24: Conferences 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Conference Sign Up Schedule
25-27: Thanksgiving break
19: Winter Vacation Begins
1: New Year’s Day- No School
18: Martin Luther King Jr. Day- No School
29: End of Second Quarter Planning- No School
THIS WEEK IN…
Directed Independent Reading
• October’s genre is autobiography/biography of a positive change maker.
Recommended- order and pick up at your Multnomah County Library branch
• November’s Genre: Realistic Fiction/Historical Fiction
Historical Fiction List from SPL
Native American History
African American History
Book Study- I am Malala: How One Girl Stood Up for Education and Changed the World
Part Three: Finding My Voice
18. A Humble Request and a Strange Peace
19. Good News at Last
Part Four: Targeted
20. A Death Threat Against Me
22. A Day Like Any Other
• questions and discussion will follow each chapter
• Word Skills: word sounds for spelling and understanding and editing for capitalization, spelling and grammar and punctuation
• Proofreading practice
Three sub topics- Plant needs, yields, and interesting facts.
Writing our three body paragraphs with clear topic sentences
Zearn & EngageNY:
Module 2: Multi-Digit Whole Number and Decimal Fraction Operations
- Topic B: The Standard Algorithm for Multi-Digit Whole Number Multiplication
Lesson 9 Objective: Fluently multiply multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm to solve multi-step word problems.
Khan Academy: Topic B: The standard algorithm for multi-digit whole number multiplication
- Topic C: Decimal Multi-Digit Multiplication
Lesson 10 Objective: Multiply decimal fractions with tenths by multi-digit whole numbers using place value understanding to record partial products.
Lesson 11 Objective: Multiply decimal fractions by multi-digit whole numbers through conversion to a whole number problem and reasoning about the placement of the decimal.
Lesson 12 Objective: Reason about the product of a whole number and a decimal with hundredths using place value understanding and estimation.
Khan Academy: Topic C: Decimal multi-digit multiplication
reading and writing the first 15 hiragana
•あいうえお （a, i, u, e, o) review
• かきくけこ （ka, ki, ku, ke, ko) review
• さしすせそ （sa, si, su, se, so) review
• たちつてと (ta, ti, tu, te, to) review
• なにぬねの (na, ni, nu, ne, no) review
• はひふへほ (ha hi fu he ho)new
Monday’s Culture Topic: Japan on the Road- Trip to Japan
Irasshai topic: Age and Grade level