Fifth Grade BaCK To School night: Tuesday, September 29, 7:00-7:30.
Google Meet Code: cwjgeccilp
Google Meet Link
Book and Supply Pick Up: Wednesday, September 30, anytime between 2:00-3:30 (Winterhaven Playground Area). Have someone pick up your supplies for you or we’ll come up with a plan B if you can’t make it.
– Weekly schedule link
– Google Classroom Classwork- Daily Lessons
– Google Classroom Important Links & Weekly schedule (Draft)
– Office Hours for students:
GETTING HELP and sharing ideas!
– Classroom Website: fifthgradewinterhaven.org
– Reading: Directed Independent, Book Studies, Socratic Seminar
– Writing: Composition Writing 5×5, narrative, expository, argumentative, descriptive
– Speaking: ethos, logos, pathos- studying great speeches, delivering short 1 minute speeches, persuasive, informative, entertaining.
– Science/Social Studies Block (Systems Thinking) Ecology, soil science, permaculture, zero waste systems, solar system and beyond, solar energy and wind energy inquiries, black soldier fly larvae inquiries. Black history, minority history and the master narrative, American government.
– Math: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division of fractions and decimals. (Zearn.org, EngageNY, Khan Academy), Enrichment: math measurement challenges, multicultural math, math 24 with decimals and fractions
– Japanese にほんご, 日本語
– Be on time
– Be prepared
– Be willing to get help and to help others
– Be independent and work interdependently
– kaizen- seek to continuously improve
A Peek into Room 23: